|
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Thursday Thirteen


Thirteen Things about Fort Nelson
For the past two weeks, my husband and I have been deep in thought about
relocating. He has been offered a management position in Fort Nelson, BC!
It is a fantastic opportunity, but I have lived in Winnipeg and the thought of relocating
has me really really stressed! It's why I've been a little negligent with my blog recently.
I have family and friends here that I have known my whole life, but I know I have to think
of our family first.

Here are 13 good reasons why we should relocate to Fort Nelson:

1. Low Unemployment Rate

2. Small Town Atmosphere (Population of 4000)

3.Located in the Northern Rockies.

4. Full Northern Living Allowance from Revenue Canada.

5. Quality Education. Also my little ones are at an age (3 & 5) where it is the perfect time to go.

6. Quality Health Services. (They have a hospital, and medical clinics)

7. Quality Recreation (Lots to do! Rec Centre, Library, WhiteWater Rafting, Hiking, Movie Theatre, Liard Hot Springs, Horse Back Riding in the mountains, great fishing)

8. Year Around Outdoor Activity. The weather is so mild all year round, you can enjoy the outside all year, instead of just 4 months like Winnipeg.

9. Great Salmon Fishing! There is a lake right at the town.

10. Good schools and preschools.

11. I would finally be just a car ride away from the ocean! Right now, we are smack dab in the middle of North America.

12. Northern Tax Deduction at income tax time.

13. My husband's salary would triple, or even more. He would get a percentage of what his branch makes each year, and with the oil rigs out there, it would be very sweet!







Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




 

4 Comments:

  • At Thursday, 17 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yea! I made it into the comment box! [smile]

    I'd say that it looks like you have some excellent reasons to make the move, very rewarding ones. But I understand the dread, relocating is such work, and it takes time to feel at home in a new area. I wish you the best of luck in whatever choice you and yours make.

    Have a terrific Thursday!

     
  • At Thursday, 17 August, 2006, Blogger Susan said…

    As my TT indicates, you might be blessed by such a move. It's scary, I know...but there's usually a plan that is bigger than we are. I hope you feel confident and comfortable about it soon.

    My TT is up.

     
  • At Thursday, 17 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you've given it some real thought. Everything has its benefits and drawbacks. Hopefully you'll find the solution that has the most positive benefits attached to it! Good luck and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Love your blog banner, by the way.

     
  • At Saturday, 19 August, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #7,9,and 13 I'm in when do we leave? lol
    Moving is very difficult for everyone in the family. I wish you all the best

     

Post a Comment

Home

Warm Fuzzies


Warm Fuzzies is a story or feeling that warms the heart. Warm Fuzzies is a place for good friends, stories and a place to share. Come on in, have a coffee and relax!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

You Are Animal
A complete lunatic, you're operating on 100% animal instincts. You thrive on uncontrolled energy, and you're downright scary. But you sure can beat a good drum. "Kill! Kill!"
The Muppet Personality Test
Yahoo! Avatars U.K. & Ireland

Original Warm Fuzzies

My Favorite Blinkies
”"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
fatfighterblogs.com WebRing!
< | # | Join | > | ?
”"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
  • Curves and More Forum
  • The WeatherPixie

    Yahoo ID atcurvesandmore
    info@curvesandmore.com
    sberard11@shaw.ca

    Layout design & graphics by mela
    Powered by Blogger

    Powered by Blogger

    Add to Google Add to My AOL Subscribe in FeedLounge Subscribe in Bloglines


    ”"
    ”"
    Blogroll Me! ”"
    Enter Now!